Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Problems

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to participate? Head over to their blog and find out how it works!  Beware, first world problems ahead!

1. Favorite characters that die
This is one of the worst things out there. I get really attached to characters when I love a book, and I hate it when the author kills them off. George R.R. Martin & J.K. Rowling, I'm looking at you.

2. Buying books but never reading them
Some books that I buy end up on my bookshelf, never to be touched again. I know for a fact that I bought quite a few more than a year ago and I still haven't read them.

3. Books in the same series that look different
I'm a perfectionist and a little bit of a control freak. Thus I want books that are part of a series to be the same size and have similar covers. I hate hate hate it when one book looks out of place!

4. Reading slumps
I've just recovered from a reading slump and it wasn't fun! I couldn't find a single book that sounded appealing and while reading I wasn't really having fun. This is probably every booklovers' worst nightmare.

5. Not enough money 
I'm a broke student so I'm often on a forced book buying ban.

6. Judging a book by its cover
I often judge books by their cover, but most of the time it results in severe disappointment. Just because a book looks gorgeous, doesn't mean it's brilliant and vice versa.

7. Not enough time 
Between university, choir activities, friends and family, I don't have a lot of time to read. I usually read an hour before I got to sleep and in the train home, but that's about it.

8. Spoilers
I am my own worst enemy. I get so curious that I can't resist reading spoilers, only to hate myself afterwards for spoiling myself. Aaargh why do I do this to myself?!

9. Not enough space
I'm renting a room. Though it's quite large, I don't have space available for another bookcase, even though my current one is overflowing with books.

10. Not knowing what to read next
This happens a lot. To make it easier on myself, I've made a TBR-jar to pick from. I do have to confess that I don't always use it. Oops?

What is your biggest bookish problem? Tell me in a comment!
 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...