Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Series I Want To Start

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to participate? Head over to their blog and find out how it works! 

1. Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity) by Elizabeth Wein
This is the one I'm most excited about because I basically love any book about World War II!  Actually, I had already read about 30 pages from the first book some time ago when I realized that my eBook copy was corrupted. A physical copy arrived in the mail last week though, so I'll probably start the series (for real) very soon!

2. My Fat, Mad Teenage Diary (Rae Earl) by Rae Earl
This one has been on my to-read list ever since the TV adaption first came out. I love the TV Show and I'm pretty positive that the first book in the series will be just as funny.

3. Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire) by Mark Lawrence
I'm very excited about this series. The summary for the first book seems promising. Reviews for are either extremely high or extremely low though, so I guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

4. Uglies (Uglies) by Scott Westerfeld
At this point I'm probably one of the few people left in the blogger world who hasn't read Uglies. It's been recommended to me a lot of times so it's high on my list of book series I want to start.

5. The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle) by Patrick Rothfuss
Technically another book I'm cheating with because, like with Code Name Verity, I already started this about a year ago. I liked it well enough, but because I'm not very fond of audio books (which was what I was listening to), I decided to wait until I owned a physical copy.

6. The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy) by Marie Rutkoski

I really like the concept of the curse. Furthermore, there was a big hype about this book so I'm guessing it's pretty good.

7. The Constant Princess (The Tudor Court)  by Philippa Gregory

I really enjoyed Gregory's other series about the War of the Roses, so now I want to give this a try. I adore this particular period in history so I have really high hopes for the first book.

8. Scarlet (Scarlet) by A.C. Gaughen

I love books that twist classic fairy tales into something unexpected and different. I like the idea of Robin Hood as a woman and she seems pretty badass. I'm very interested in the first book and the rest of the series!

9. Legend (Legend) by Marie Lu

This is another (fairly) famous book in blogger land. It seems like the first book used the standard Dystopian formula with a prodigy child saving the world from evil and people dying left and right. I enjoyed that very formula in so many other books though so there's no stopping me now. And who knows, perhaps it will exceed my expectations!

10. What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles) by Kat Zhang

Wow, the concept of the first book  is so captivating! While this book series isn't exactly at the top of my to-read list, it definitely seems really interesting.


What book series do you want to start soon? 
 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...