Top Ten Tuesday: Top Eight Books & Movies To Get Into The Halloween Spirit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to participate? Head over to their blog and find out how it works!  In no particular order:

Books
1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
I read this book a looong time ago so I'm not sure about the details anymore, but Dracula is simply the ultimate book for Halloween. I don't think an explanation is neede here? ;)

2. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Though this book isn't scary, it's very halloween-worth because of the zombies. It's pretty funny too.

3. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I think everybody will put this book on their list, but it's really fitting. It's peculiar and a kind of creepy, but also such a great read. The added photographs give the book a very Halloween-y feel! 

4. IT by Stephen King
This book is SO scary. If you're already afraid of clowns, then don't read this because it won't help your phobia much. It's perfect for Halloween though!


Movies
5. Hocus Pocus
I used to love this movie as a kid and it has become somewhat of a tradition that I watch this every Halloween. It never gets old and the songs are so singalong worthy!

6. Silence of the Lambs
I was going to put the book on the list, but the movie is a lot scarier. If you want to spend your Halloween on the couch, watching a movie that is actually scary and a little bit gross, this is it for you! (I love it, it's one of my all time favorite movies)

7. Child's Play
Isn't Chucky the scariest doll you've ever seen? EVERYBODY knows him, so enough said here.

8. Coraline
Coraline creeped me out when I saw it for the first time as a teenager and it still does now that I'm pretty much an adult. Plus: it's beautifully animated

What books and/or movies get you in the Halloween spirit? Tell me  in a comment! 

 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...