Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to participate? Head over to their blog and find out how it works! In no particular order:

1. Stephanie Perkins
Anna and the French Kiss is really cute and promising for the rest of the series. So yep! I'll definitely be reading more books by Perkins.

2. Marente de Moor
De Moor is a Dutch author. The first and only book I read, De Nederlandse Maagd, really stuck with me so I really need to try out some of her other books.

3. Kazuo Ishiguro
I read Never Let Me Go for school and fell in love with it. It's such a unique book and I'm convinced I'll love Ishiguro's other books.

4. H.R. Jackson
These authors (that's right, two) seem to be quite unpopular in the book community. I read their first book, Minutes To Midnight when I was rehabilitating and it allowed me to step into a fantasy world much more appealing. I should read their second book in the series soon!

5. Gillian Flynn
Gone Girl was very thrilling and I am under impression that all of Flynn's books are like that. I definitely need to read more!

6. Dan Brown
This is me shamefully admitting that I've only ever read one book by Dan Brown, Inferno, and it was only last year. Though his writing has some flaws, I like the mystery and cultural aspect that apparently dominates all of his books. I'll give another book a try, probably starting out with The Da Vinci Code. 

7. Arthur Japin
Another Dutch author, go me! My first impression of Japin is that he's a brilliant writer with beautiful prose and interesting plots. Nowadays I barely read books from Dutch authors, but I want to read more books by Japin.

8. Markus Zusak
It's no secret that I love The Book Thief. Next on my to-read list from Zusak is I Am the Messenger. 

9. John Steinbeck
Steinbeck's books take concentration and willpower, that's for sure. The only book I've read by him is East of Eden, which I struggled through but eventually really appreciated. His writing is very profound and I want to give another of his novel's a try.

10. Victoria Schwab
I've only read The Archived and was really impressed by Schwab's by originality. Her next book is already out so I'm going to read this one soon!

What do you think of my choices? Leave a comment below!

 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...