September Book Haul

I've got two more books to add to my bookcase! It's about time I start to stack my books more efficiently, because my shelves are overflowing with books. Any ideas, tell me in a comment! For now, here is my September book haul. 


A highly contagious book virus, a literary society and a Snow Queen-like disappearing author 'She came to realise that under one reality there's always another. And another one under that.' Only very special people are chosen by children's author Laura White to join 'The Society', an elite group of writers in the small town of Rabbit Back. Now a tenth member has been selected: Ella, literature teacher and possessor of beautifully curving lips. But soon Ella discovers that the Society is not what it seems. What is its mysterious ritual, 'The Game'? What explains the strange disappearance that occurs at Laura's winter party, in a whirlwind of snow? Why are the words inside books starting to rearrange themselves? Was there once another tenth member, before her? Slowly, disturbing secrets that had been buried come to light... In this chilling, darkly funny novel, the uncanny brushes up against the everyday in the most beguiling and unexpected of ways.
I know you should not judge a book by its cover, but I totally bought this one because of it. The cover is AMAZING. It immediately drew my attention while I was browsing shelves in the bookstore. It's not just that though. The plot sounds really mysterious and interesting, so this is a book that I really can't wait  to read!


The unforgettable novel of a childhood in a sleepy Southern town and the crisis of conscience that rocked it, To Kill A Mockingbird became both an instant bestseller and a critical success when it was first published in 1960. It went on to win the Pulitzer Prize in 1961 and was later made into an Academy Award-winning film, also a classic.
Compassionate, dramatic, and deeply moving, To Kill A Mockingbirdtakes readers to the roots of human behavior - to innocence and experience, kindness and cruelty, love and hatred, humor and pathos
That's right, I have never read the Pullitzer Prize-winning, bestselling classic that is To Kill A Mockingbird. I've been meaning to for a really long time though because my high school IB-teacher  was ecstatic about it. I spotted this in the same bookstore as mentioned above and figured it was about time I bought this gem. I'm really looking forward to it!

 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...