Liebster Award

I've been  nominated for the Liebster Award by my sister at Go Mommy Go. The Liebster Award serves to put smaller blogs in the spotlight. Thanks for the nomination! Like I said, her blog is in Dutch so many of you won't be able to benefit from it. I do really recommend it to any Dutch followers though: Ze heeft een ontzettend leuke schrijfstijl en zeker als je zelf moeder bent, of wordt, zitten er leuke posts tussen met handige tips. 

The Liebster Award Rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
  2. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
  4. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
  5. Let them know that you've nominated them by commenting on one of their posts.

GoMommyGo's questions and my answers:
  1. How did you think of the name of your blog? I'm not really sure how exactly. I remember that I wanted the name to be an alliteration, since I'm very fond of those, and that I was making a list of "bookish" words. At some point or another Brilliant Bookshelf must have popped up in my mind and it had a nice ring to it so I decided to use that.
  2. Why and when did you start blogging? My first blogging experience was in March 2011 when I discovered Tumblr. I had a general blog on which I posted anything and everything I came across that I liked. This eventually brought me into contact with bloggers who posted reviews for books. Since I read a lot of books myself, I decided to give writing reviews a go, so in 2012 I made a new Tumblr-acount called Brilliant Bookshelf. About a year ago I realized that Tumblr could no longer offer everything I desired for my blog so I moved to this current blog, which I'm very happy with! I now use the Tumblr-account as a side-blog for this one.
  3. What is your dream job? Job-prospects are constantly changing with our current economy, but if I don't take that into account too much my dream job would be as a criminologist at Interpol, as a criminal profiler or as an bestselling author (still working on that last one, haha)
  4. Can you describe yourself in 5 words? Yes I can: clumsy, hot-tempered, genuine, introvert, smart.
  5. What is your favorite song right now? Ed Sheeran - Runaway. This song has been on constant repeat on my iPod and on Spotify ever since Ed's new album came out!
  6. What is your guilty pleasure? Geordie Shore. I always feel like I'm not supposed to like it because it's not even close to being a quality show, but it makes me laugh a lot so I secretly like it anyway.
  7. What will your life look like in 10 years? Hopefully I will have met some one by then, so I'll either have a husband or a boyfriend and at least two kids. I will have moved back to my hometown or abroad.. I'll have a job and we'll hopefully own a big house in the countryside where we'll be able to keep a horse and a dog.
  8. If you could restyle one room in your house, which room would it be and in which style? Probably my student dorm, which is just a combination of different colors and materials stuffed into one room at the moment. I would restyle it into something like this: CLICK. Lovely bookshelfs!
  9. Which characteristic of yours annoys you the most? Definitely the clumsiness! I'm perpetually covered in bruises because I walk into things, I accidentally drop things and I often make a fool of myself in the company of others. It's an annoying characteristic and no matter how careful I am, it does not go away.
  10. What is your fondest memory from childhood? I have a lot of happy memories so it's hard to choose just one, especially since my memory is rubbish. This memory is still very fresh in my mind though and to this day one of the happiest moments in my life. About a month before my birthday during my first year at high school, my parents took me to a stud farm for horses. My mother had recently found an ad on the internet about leasing a horse on the stud and decided that it would be the perfect early birthday present. I met my new horse that day and it was magical. I remember thinking that he was really big, but beautiful and just for me. For nearly six years he was my riding companion and best friend, until I went away to college last year. I still think about and miss him everyday and no amount of words could possibly express the gratitude I felt towards my parents the first day we were introduced. 
  11. What was your latest purchase failure? I bought a clutch at Primark and the front pops open at any given chance. I'm always afraid that I'm going to lose stuff when I have it with me so I won't be using it in the future. Shame, because it's really cute!

My Nominations:
Please answer the following questions so that I (and followers) can get to know you a little better:
  1. If you could live in any book world, which one would it be and why?
  2. Do you prefer ebooks, audiobooks or paperbacks?
  3. What would you do if you won the lottery?
  4. What is your favorite book and why?
  5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
  6. If you could direct a movie based on any book, which book would it be and who would you cast for the main characters?
  7. Name 3 items on your bucket list?
  8. What is your favorite TV show?
  9. If you could switch places with any author and live their life, which author would it be?
  10. What is something you enjoy doing that has nothing to do with books?
  11. What is your favorite reading spot?

Good luck! Please post a comment with a link to your answers if you decide to accept the nomination.

 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...