August Book Haul

It's been a few months since I've last purchased books. Because of my money budget I opted instead for downloadable e-books. This month I was able to buy some though, so here is my August book haul! 

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
I absolutely adore The Lunar Chronicles. Strangely enough, this is my first actual copy of a book in the series, and it's so pretty! This arrived in the mail yesterday and I immediately started reading. Rapunzel is one of my favorite fairy tales so I'm really curious how Meyer will twist the original story.

This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine's island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.
This is the second installment about Miss Peregrine and the peculiar children. One quick peek has already informed me that this book has a very similar layout to the last book, with dark colors on chapter pages and strange photographs. The layout was definitely part of the reason why I liked the previous book so much, so I'm glad the author decided to stick with it!
 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...