Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to participate? Head over to their blog and find out how it works!

My list is in no particular order today. In addition, today features a top 5 because I could not think of any other books. 
  • East of Eden by John Steinbeck
I almost put this brilliant literary piece down because it takes dreadfully long to get into the plot and there are too many unnecessary descriptions (steinbeck can easily dedicate four pages to the description of farm lands). This book is a masterpiece though so I'm so glad I did not put it down.
  • L'Appartement Témoin by Tatiana de Rosnay
The first half of this book was great, but the climax made the entire plot seem unrealistic and plain ridiculous. That made me want to put the book down, but since I was already halfway through I decided to finish it. 
  • The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Liz Braswell
I loved the TV series, but hated the book. I did put the book on hold for a little while, but I refuse to leave a book I've bought unfinished, so eventually I did finish it. I do kind of wish I'd put this down for good because it was a dreadful read. 
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green
I truly disliked the first half of this Ya because it all seemed so unrealistic and there was no real point to the plot. Despite my better judgement I did continue to read and I'm so glad I did. After the plot twist came I loved the book. The second half basically contains everything the first half missed. 
  • Infected by Scott Sigler
I almost put this book down for an entirely different reason. Infected is a horror novel and at some point the events became so horrifying and completely disgusting that it made me nauseous.

Which books did you almost put down? Tell me in a comment!

 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...