How to: Color-Coded Bookshelves


For the last two months or so my bookshelves have been an absolute and utter mess. Ever since I've become a student my bookcase has been coping with not only books, but with lots of other stuff as well because I lack space. For months now it has contained stacks and stacks of books, untidy because I usually put newly-bought books on existing piles without a seconds thought. In addition, it has contained a box full of food, a vase, a few bottles of lemonade and wine, a box full of paint, pencils and ink, and (in the most unruly of days) little pieces of jewelry. When I sum it all up it really sounds like I'm a crazy person.

Needless to say it was about time I reorganized and reshelved my bookcase and use it again for its original purpose: books! I'm a organize-by-alphabet kind of girl, but - in definite need of a change -  I decided to reshelf all of my books by color!

Before:

















Afterwards:





























It's definitely an improvement from before and I really love all of the different colors, even if some are present in higher numbers than others (I need to find me some yellow and green books).

Would you like to reshelf by color too? It's really not that hard. I'm not exactly sure how others go about it, but I just collected all of my books and sorted them in little stacks by color. Start with the color that is most present (in my case Black) and slowly work your way through all the different colors your books have. I organized my color stacks according to what flowed best (black-red-purple-yellow-green-blue-white), but you can put them in any order you like!

Let me know in the comments what you think of color coding! 

 

Brilliant Bookshelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...